As an agent, you work tirelessly to help your clients sell their home at the highest possible price or purchase that perfect home that they’ve dreamed of. Once all of the paperwork is done and congratulations are made, how intentional are you about maintaining the client relationship that you worked so hard to build? Studies show that keeping in touch with your clients is the best way to grow your business and establish real estate credibility in your community. In fact, 88 % of buyers say that they would use their agent again or recommend their agent to others (according to this source)! The numbers speak for themselves. Make this is a year of staying connected to your past clients!
Three Reasons To Maintain Relationships with Your Clients:
1. Relationships Lead to Referrals: It just makes sense that happy clients will want to brag about your excellence service! If you make more of an effort to maintain that positive relationship, the more likely your name will get around.
2. Relationships Lead to Repeat Clients: It may seem too soon to think about a repeat customer right after closing, but you have to seize every opportunity. If your past clients remember you, not only will they refer others to you, but they will be more likely choose to work with you again in the future.
3. Relationships Help You Build Up Your Own Brand : Quality is really the best marketing strategy. When you give quality service it speaks volumes. Your brand is your reputation in the community, which is formed by relationships!
5 Practical Ways to Maintain Relationships with Your Clients:
1. Provide some useful information: Send information like home sale numbers for their area, current mortgage rates, and home maintenance tips. You could also provide a list of vendors for them which is especially helpful if they’re new to your area.
2. Give a gift they will remember: Send something that they can use that makes them laugh. One agent sent her previous clients bags of popcorn with a sticker that said “real estate is popping, give me a call!” Be creative!
3. Send a card in the mail: And not just a Christmas card, but use the opportunity to celebrate any important event in their life such as a birthday or anniversary. This is a kind way to keep your name in their mind!
4. Make a phone call: Picking up the phone to check on a client is a personal touch. Want to leave a message without disturbing them? There are phone services such as SlyDial that actually allow you to connect directly to someone’s mobile voice mail to leave them a message without disrupting them with your call. Click the link for more details!
5. Add them on social media: This is an informal way to stay connected. Use Facebook’s friend lists feature to group your friends into customized lists (such as “past clients,” “industry contacts,” etc.) to manage all your Facebook professional contacts.
Our team of advisors are well-respected and recognized as top-performing real estate professionals in our community. They offer the finest quality in their customer service and expertise, with years of experience and invaluable knowledge to offer you as a home buyer or seller. Give us a call at 225-218-0888 to speak to an advisor today!